What to look for when booking a Bali Fitness Retreat
Bali Fitness Retreats
When we started Active Escapes we were the only fitness retreat in Bali. Fast forward to now and there are many to choose from. Once you have finally made the decision to invest your time and money into a fitness retreat you start searching online for a short 5 mins and you realise there are more options than you thought and where do you even begin. Here are a few tips to help you make the important descision as we have heard some horror stories.
HERE ARE 5 THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR THAT COULD MAKE OR BREAK YOUR ESCAPE
1. Look at the value: There are a lot of Retreats out there that do not include all meals, From experience the last thing you want to do after a hard day of working out and activities is find a healthy place to eat in a foreign country and also organise how to get there. Don’t get me wrong eating out on a retreat is definitely a great experience but it should be included in the price and arranged for you.
2. Accommodation: Although you won’t be spending too much time in your room, you want to know that you will be able to have a good nights sleep so you can wake up fresh and train hard the next day. If there are no photos of the rooms online, ask for them. Also find out exactly where the accommodation is, if you are going to be more than walking distance from shops or the beach this is something that can change the entire experience of the trip to have to jump in cars to go any where in your free time instead of feeling super free in your free time!!
3. Is the company registered in that area? This is something you would never even think of asking right, but there have been a number of incidents in Bali where retreats have been stopped half way through the week because immigration has come in and taken the host for working illegally in that country. The LAST thing you want is for the retreat you are on to be cancelled due to legal reasons either before or during your week. Just an easy question you should be entitled to ask.
4. Content and communication: Have they run a retreat before? Are there photos and videos showcasing what your experience will be like? Do they have a Trip Advisor account with honest reviews? Has there been quick and clear honest communication between you and the company? Just a few things to keep in mind.
5. Check the fine print: A lot of retreats have a minimum number of participants for the retreat to actually go ahead and this minimum can be as high as 10 people. If the retreat gets cancelled due to a lack of numbers you may get your money back but what about the time off work and the cost of flights?? Always check this one out as it can easily break your heart when you think you have planned an epic week and it gets taken away from you.
Active Escapes will always include all meals, find the best villas and hotels close to shops and the beach, abide by the rules of immigration in each country we work in, have open clear communication with you and never cancel a retreat because of numbers. Check out reviews from our many guests here.
We have many trips coming up and we hope to see you on one soon.